There are many reasons why you may need to know which BigScoots server your account resides on. One very popular reason is for setting up email in a mail client (Outlook, iPhone/Android, Mac Mail, etc.). By knowing which server you are on, you can use the server hostname to utilize an SSL connection without having to worry about seeing any security warning pop ups.
For Shared and Reseller customers you can use either of the following methods:
- Simply browse to your URL followed by /cpanel.
Once the page loads, if you look in your browser's address bar you will notice the URL redirects to the URL of the server.
In this example your hostname would be: brian.securedserverspace.com
If you are using a third party DNS service such as CloudFlare, it is possible this method will not work. The easiest solution is to jump into your BigScoots client portal. Once logged in:
- On the far left hover over “Services.” From the dropdown menu select your hosting service.
- On the next screen, select the hosting service plan.
- A new menu will appear, look for and select “Login Details.”
- To the right next to the URL, you can now find the server hostname.
In this example, you can see the server hostname is: stewie.securedserverspace.com