For Shared and Reseller customers you can easily do this in cPanel by taking the following steps:
- Log into your cPanel account
- Under the “Software / Services” section, click on “Select PHP version”
- On the right hand side, click the link that says “Switch To PHP Options”. If this says “Switch To PHP Extensions” then you are already in the right spot
- Click the gray setting next to the following option:“memory_limit” – A drop down will appear and allow you to change the memory allowance per PHP process.
- Click “Save”
For VPS / Dedicated customers:
- Log into WHM as root.
- Click on “PHP Configuration” under the “Service Configuration” menu
- Fill in the circle next to “Advanced Mode”
- Scroll down and look for “memory_limit”. You can change this variable to anything you want however you should never exceed the amount of your server. In most cases, 128M will be fine.
- Click “Save” at the bottom and make sure to restart Apache by clicking “HTTP Server (Apache)” in the left menu under “Restart Services”.