Please note, this article assumes you have cPanel access - not all BigScoots services do. If you do not have cPanel, or if you have any trouble following this guide what so ever, please simply open a ticket and we'll be more than happy to create one for you.
- Begin by logging into cPanel
- Next, we will want to create a subdomain for the development site to exist in your cPanel account.
i. Go to Domains > Select Subdomains
ii. Then create your new Subdomain
3. Next, install a fresh Wordpress on your newly created subdomain.
4. Once installed, go to Files > File Manager
5. Compress the "wp-content" folder of your main site.
6. Then go to Files > Backup
7. Download a backup of your database.
8. Go to Files > File Manager and Extract the wp-content folder to the new WP install.
9. Go to Database > Select PHPMyadmin
10. Select Database >> Import >> choose DB backup >> Go