For Shared and Reseller customers you can easily swap between PHP versions as often as you'd like from within cPanel by taking the following steps:
- Log into your cPanel account
- Under the “Software / Services” section, click on “Select PHP version”
- On the next page you will see:
- Click the dropdown to select which PHP version you require, in this example we will upgrade to PHP 7.4:
- Once selected, make sure to click the Set as current option for changes to take effect.
- You have now upgraded to the selected version of PHP.
Note, if your site starts to throw any kind of error related to MySQL, click the Reset to default button at the top right to ensure the proper PHP extensions are selected.
For VPS and Dedicated customers:
The same steps will apply for you only if you opted in for CloudLinux. Cloudlinux is a software add-on which provides among other benefits the ability to freely swap between PHP versions as outlined above in our Shared and Reseller walk through. If you have not opted in for CloudLinux it is still possible to adjust your PHP version but typically only recommended if you are upgrading versions.
Downgrading is still possible, but please contact us first and we'll be happy to dig into it for you.