MIME types relay information to the browser about how to handle file extensions. MIME types can allow visitors’ browsers to handle new technologies as they become available.
To add new MIME types to your web server, please follow the below steps:
1. Login to your cPanel account from Bigscoots client area.
2. In the Advanced section of the cPanel home screen, click MIME Types.
3. Enter the name of the file type’s handler in the MIME Type text box.
4. Enter the file extension in the Extension(s) text box.
5. Then click Add.
6. Now you will get a confirmation message as follows: