When a visitor accesses a directory (rather than a page) on your web site, the browser typically displays the directory’s index page. If no index page exists, the browser displays a list of the files in that directory. The Index Manager enables you to control how directories on your website are displayed. Follow the below steps to use Index Manager in cPanel:
1. Login to cPanel from Bigscoots client area.
2. In the Advanced section of the cPanel home screen, click Indexes.
3. Select the directory name that you want to modify.
4. There are four settings to choose from. Click the indexing option that you want to set for the directory.
Default System Setting — cPanel uses the default that your hosting provider defines.
No Indexing — The server does not list the contents of the directory. Browsers display a message that states that the contents are forbidden.
Standard Indexing — The server lists the directory’s contents as filenames only.
Fancy Indexing — The server lists file names and additional information, such as file size and time last modified.
If you do not want the contents of this directory shown, then choose the “No Indexing” option.
5. Click Save.
6. Then you will get a confirmation message as follows: